LIKE OUR PAGE: If you recommend our page before February 28, 2018, Liberty's Promise has the opportunity to win $2,500 in cash. We appreciate your votes!
As a non-profit organization, 100% of our income comes from the donations and grants. We also rely on volunteers to help us carry out our internship and after-school programs. Here's how you can help us to help the immigrant youth of your community:
- $5 would provide a SmartTrip card for one Civics and Citizenship or CE-BELL participant for field trips
- $10 would provide bus fares home for six sessions for one program participant
- $20 would provide bus fares home for 12 sessions for one program paritipant
- $50 would provide pizza for one program session of 50 students
- $100 would provide one week allowance for food and travel to one of our Opportunities Plus interns
- Liberty's Promise is a 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
Host an intern
Our Opportunities Plus internship program offers low-income, immigrant youth a firsthand experience in the American workplace through a 6-8 week professional internship. We provide youth with intensive training on workplace etiquette, then facilitate their internship placement with a local organization or business.
Youth apply by sending out their resume and cover letter, and then sit for an interview with the host agency, who selects the ideal candidate. We provide extensive support for our interns throughout the duration of the internship. If your organization needs help this summer, our interns can be useful in many ways: they are bilingual, hardworking, and highly motivated. The program is FREE for hosts. Contact us below if you'd like to learn more!
- Volunteer at a job skills workshop: to prepare our youth for internships, we host a half day job skills workshop. Consider volunteering your time and help our youth develop their resume, cover letter, and interview skills!
- Speak at our programs: Are you an immigrant looking to inspire and share your story? A university or scholarship representative looking to help first generation college students? Come speak at our programs! Our programs are offered Monday-Thursday. Contact us to learn more!
- Have another special skill or talent and want to contribute to the organization? Contact us to discuss how you can get involved!